HubSpot is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that offers powerful tools and solutions for businesses of all sizes.
Using HubSpot can be overwhelming as it is a comprehensive platform and offers a wide variety of tools. Whether you’re new to HubSpot or looking to enhance your marketing efforts, onboarding is a crucial step to get started on the right foot. HubSpot provides two distinct onboarding paths: Onboarding through HubSpot and HubSpot Partner Agency Onboarding.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the differences between the two and help you determine which option suits your needs.
What Is HubSpot Onboarding?
HubSpot Onboarding refers to the process of getting started with HubSpot. Onboarding is designed to help users or businesses set up their HubSpot account, configure settings, and begin using the platform effectively.
During the HubSpot Onboarding process, users typically receive guidance and support from HubSpot experts or customer success managers to ensure a smooth transition and maximize the value they can derive from the platform. The specific onboarding experience may vary depending on the type of HubSpot subscription and the needs of the user or organization.
What Does HubSpot Onboarding Involve?
- Account setup: This involves creating a HubSpot account, providing basic information about your business, and configuring account settings.
- Integration: HubSpot can integrate with various other tools and platforms such as email providers, customer support systems, and content management systems. During onboarding, users may be guided on how to connect and configure these integrations.
- Data migration: If you’re transitioning from another CRM or marketing automation system, HubSpot Onboarding may include assistance in migrating your existing data into HubSpot.
- Training and education: HubSpot provides resources, documentation, and training materials to help users understand the platform’s features and functionalities. Onboarding may include personalized training sessions or access to educational content.
- Setup of core features: HubSpot offers a range of tools and features, including contact management, lead nurturing, email marketing, social media management, analytics, and more. Onboarding helps users set up and configure these core features based on their specific requirements.
- Customization: HubSpot can be tailored to fit the unique needs of each business. Onboarding may involve assistance in customizing your account, creating contact properties, building custom reports, and setting up workflows.
- Strategic guidance: Depending on the level of service provided, HubSpot Onboarding may also include strategic guidance and best practices to help users align their marketing and sales strategies with the capabilities of the platform.
The goal of HubSpot Onboarding is to ensure that users are equipped with the knowledge and resources they need to leverage HubSpot effectively and achieve their marketing, sales, and customer relationship management objectives.
Onboarding Directly With HubSpot
The first option for you is to directly onboard with HubSpot. Let’s have a look at what this entails:
- Implementation Specialist: When you choose to onboard directly with HubSpot, you get to work closely with an experienced HubSpot onboarding expert. You stand to gain from personalized assistance and direct communication with a HubSpot employee who is well versed with all the details of the platform and knowledge of the tools.
The implementation specialist will explain about the platform and help you to set up your first marketing campaign.
- Time Period: Onboarding generally takes 90 days.
- Onboarding Process: The onboarding process generally goes as follows:
- Account and Tech Setup
- Capture and Convert Leads
- Engage and Nurture Leads
- Automate and Personalize Marketing
- Complete Onboarding and Transition
- Pricing: There are different pricing plans that HubSpot offers which are mentioned as follows:
|Marketing Hub Onboarding||$3000||$6000|
|Sales Hub Onboarding||$1000||$3000|
|Service Hub Onboarding||$1000||$3000|
- Client Responsibilities
- Tasks clients need to complete themselves during onboarding.
- Data migration and adjusting timelines for getting used to HubSpot.
- Building buyer journeys and adding integrations.
- Autonomy in onboarding tasks.
- Easy handoff from sales to onboarding.
- Predictable pricing and timeline.
- Onboarding task autonomy.
- A rigid 90-day engagement.
- Minimal technical support.
- Only one assigned HubSpot expert.
- Challenges for small teams to stay on track.
- Client is required to complete most of the onboarding tasks themselves
Overall, direct HubSpot onboarding as a suitable option for clients who already have some kind of previous experience with HubSpot or who can allocate time to learn and utilize HubSpot’s features effectively.
Onboarding With HubSpot Partner Agency
The second option to go about onboarding is through a HubSpot partner agency. Let’s have a look at what it encompasses:
- Expertise: HubSpot partners are vetted and trained by HubSpot so that they can onboard their clients onto HubSpot. However, each partner agency works differently with their clients to provide a more comprehensive support.
- Timeline: HubSpot partner agencies follow a tailored approach while onboarding their clients. So, they are not rigid about the 3 month timeline set by HubSpot. Based on your needs, the timeline of your onboarding may be reduced or increased.
- Pricing: When it comes to onboarding with a partner agency, there is no fixed price. The price varies depending on the kind of customized services the partner agency provides.
- Onboarding Process: Different partner agencies follow a different onboarding process. However, these are the general steps involved:
- Kickoff Call
- Basic Account Setup
- CRM Configuration
- Personalized Portal Setup
- Automation Setup
- Reports and Dashboard Setup
- Quality Assurance
- Client Responsibilities:
- With a partner agency, the extent of onboarding tasks you need to complete on your own can vary.
- Partner agencies are more likely to handle many tasks on your behalf, providing support for small teams with limited knowledge, time, and resources.
- Expertise and support from experienced professionals
- Customized pricing
- Time and resource savings for small teams
- Professional implementation based on best practices
- Customization and tailored solutions to meet specific needs
- Cost associated with engaging a partner agency
- Dependency on external party for onboarding process
- Potential communication challenges
- Limited internal learning and self-sufficiency
Here’s a table of comparison for you to understand the difference between HubSpot Onboarding and Onboarding with a HubSpot Partner Agency.
Choosing The Best Onboarding Solution
When deciding whether to onboard directly with HubSpot or through a HubSpot Partner Agency, consider the following factors:
- Internal Resources and Expertise: Assess your team’s knowledge and experience with HubSpot. If you have skilled team members who can dedicate time to learn and implement HubSpot effectively, direct onboarding may be a viable option. However, if your team lacks expertise or is already stretched thin, partnering with an agency can provide the necessary skills and support.
- Budget and Cost: Evaluate your budget and financial resources. Direct onboarding with HubSpot may have predictable pricing based on the chosen plan, whereas partnering with an agency will involve additional costs. Consider the trade-off between the expense and the value-added services provided by the agency.
- Time Constraints: Consider the time available for onboarding. Direct onboarding may require more active involvement from your team, which can impact their existing responsibilities. Partnering with an agency can alleviate the burden, letting your team to focus on important activities while the agency handles the onboarding process.
- Specific Goals and Complexity: Determine your specific goals and the complexity of your requirements. HubSpot Partner Agencies often have experience working with various clients across industries and can provide specialized guidance, customization, and tailored solutions. If you have unique or complex needs, working with an agency may be beneficial.
- Desired Level of Control: Assess your preference for control and decision-making. Direct onboarding allows you to have more control over the process and implementation. On the other hand, partnering with an agency means relinquishing some control but gaining expertise and support from professionals.
- Long-term Support and Growth: Consider your long-term goals and support needs beyond the initial onboarding phase. HubSpot Partner Agencies can provide ongoing support, training, and strategic guidance to help you maximize the value of HubSpot as your business evolves.
These factors will help you to decide whether to onboard directly with HubSpot or through a HubSpot Partner Agency that aligns with your resources, goals, and requirements.
HubSpot Onboarding With INSIDEA
Working with a HubSpot Solution Partner like INSIDEA offers numerous advantages to enhance your onboarding experience. Choose INSIDEA as your HubSpot onboarding partner for the following reasons:
- Tailored Solutions: We deeply analyze your business and provide a customized onboarding experience.
- Industry Experience: Our specialists possess extensive knowledge and experience in HubSpot, driving your business growth.
- Customer Focus: Customer satisfaction is our priority.
By partnering with INSIDEA, you save valuable time and effort. Our expertise and streamlined processes allow for efficient onboarding, helping you achieve your business objectives more effectively.
Experience the benefits of working with INSIDEA as your HubSpot Solution Partner.
Sign Up for a HubSpot Consultation Call Now!